Friday, March 20, 2009

Fish Face

This was a latex appliance that I have been working on for the better part of the semester in my Stage Make-Up II class. This process is quite involved, you have to do a head cast, then sculpt on the finished head, then cast that with plaster, and then finally do a slosh mold with latex and paint! The actual appliance takes over my forehead, nose and cheeks (gills). I think one of the best parts of this design is that the seem of the forehead is actually about a finger's width above the scale and you can't really tell at all ^_^

For my next and final project in Stage Make-Up II I'm going to be doing a foam appliance based on Brian Froud.

Other exciting news, a photography major contacted me today about doing make-up for her final project. It's going to be a super awesome project and I'm very excited for it.

No comments: